Michael N. Santeufemia
Assistant - Nicole Davis - email@example.com
Michael N. Santeufemia is a member of the Firm’s Executive Committee and is a Co-Managing Shareholder of the Firm, responsible for the day to day oversight of Seyburn Kahn’s financial and operational concerns. He has been recognized by the New York Times and DBusiness Magazine as a top lawyer in Michigan and selected for inclusion in the 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 list of Michigan Super Lawyers®; a distinction given to less than five percent of all Michigan lawyers. Michael is also a member of the National Association of Distinguished Counsel, an organization awarding membership to the top one percent of attorneys in the United States.
Mr. Santeufemia’s clients are involved in several different industries, including banking, music entertainment, professional sports, technology and internet, manufacturing, automobile dealerships, retail, construction, real estate, health care, consulting and employee staffing. His areas of emphasis include all aspects of corporate, contract and business law, including mergers and acquisitions, where he advises clients in the purchase and sale of businesses, sports and entertainment related negotiations and contracts, buy-sell and other agreements among owners of businesses, employment law matters, corporate and other entity formations, succession planning, franchising, private foundations, public charities, tax planning, estate planning, loan agreements and workouts.
Mr. Santeufemia was born and grew up in Detroit. He is a graduate of Wayne State University, where he excelled in the business school curriculum and graduated at the top of his class, before earning his law degree at Loyola University Chicago School of Law in 1992. Mr. Santeufemia joined Seyburn Kahn immediately after graduating from law school.
Mr. Santeufemia’s diverse law practice experience, entrepreneurial spirit and strong problem solving skills form the basis for his no-nonsense practical approach to lawyering that his clients appreciate.
Mr. Santeufemia is proud to serve as a Board Member of the Fifth Third Bank Eastern Michigan Board of Directors. “It is important for the Fifth Third Bank Eastern Michigan Board to have someone sitting on the Board that has an intimate, hands-on relationship with the people that are doing the significant deals in our market, and Michael fills that seat for us”, says David F. Girodat, President and CEO, Fifth Third Bank Eastern Michigan.
When he isn’t doing legal work for his clients or managing the Firm, Michael enjoys actively and generously giving back to the community. For more than a decade, Michael participated in fund raising activities for the Capuchin Soup Kitchen as a Co-Chair of its annual fund raising SOCK Event. Mr. Santeufemia also serves as a Board Member of several important foundations, including the Kid Rock Foundation, Justin Verlander's Wins For Warriors Foundation, and the Jimmy Howard Foundation. Proud of his Italian heritage, Mr. Santeufemia is also an active member and past Board Member of the Italian American Chamber of Commerce of Michigan. These are just some of the many advisory and foundation boards Mr. Santeufemia has served.
- American Bar Association
- Macomb County Bar Association
- Italian-American Bar Association
Civic / Community
- Board Member, Fifth Third Bank Eastern Michigan
- Board Member, Kid Rock Foundation
- Board Member, Justin Verlander's Wins For Warriors Foundation
- Board Member, Jimmy Howard Foundation
- Past Co-Chair, Capuchin Soup Kitchen SOCK Event
- Past Board Member, Van Elslander Cancer Center Champions for Life
- Past Board Member, Italian American Chamber of Commerce of Michigan
- Awarded Membership in the National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Recognized by DBusiness as a Top Lawyer in Michigan, 2015 & 2016
- Listed in New York Times as a Top Attorney in Michigan, 2012
- Michigan Super Lawyers® 2012 through 2015
- Finalist David D. Henry Award, Wayne State University
- Seyburn Kahn Attorneys named amongst the
2016 Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit (December 1, 2015). Read more.
- Seyburn Kahn Lawyers Selected as
2015 Michigan Super Lawyers (September 1, 2015). Read more.
- Seyburn Kahn Lawyers Selected as
2014 Michigan Super Lawyers (September 10, 2014). Read more.
- Six Seyburn Kahn Lawyers Selected as
2013 Michigan Super Lawyers® (September 5, 2013). Read more.
- Six Seyburn Kahn Attorneys Selected as
2012 Michigan Super Lawyers® (September 6, 2012). Read more.
- Michael N. Santeufemia Named to
Fifth Third Bank Eastern Michigan Board of Directors (April 14, 2011). Read more.